(1) Fillers such as coatings, plastics and rubber: High purity magnesium oxide can be used as fillers for paints, paper and cosmetics, fillers and reinforcing agents for plastics and rubber, and auxiliary materials for various electronic materials due to its high dispersibility.
(2) High-performance ceramics: High-purity magnesium oxide has good sintering properties. Low temperature sintering can be achieved without the use of sintering additives to make high-density fine-grained ceramics or multifunctional magnesium oxide films, which are expected to be developed into materials under harsh conditions such as high temperature and high corrosion.
(3) Absorbing material: Due to its high activity and high dispersibility, high purity magnesium oxide is easily compounded with polymers or other materials. This kind of composite material has good microwave absorption performance, and at the same time, it will not reduce the strength and toughness of the raw materials, and the addition of fibrous magnesium oxide has a reinforcing effect.
(4) Adsorbent and catalyst: High purity magnesium oxide has a large specific surface area and is an important raw material for preparing fine inorganic materials, electronic components, inks and harmful gas adsorbents.
(5) Flame retardant materials: High purity magnesium oxide has good flame retardant effect, and can be used to manufacture light, sound insulation, heat insulation, refractory fiberboard and other refractory materials and cermets together with sawdust and shavings.
(6) Other: fuel additives, cleaning agents, antistatic agents and anti-corrosion agents, electrical insulator materials, manufacturing crucibles, furnaces, insulated conduits (tubular elements), electrode bars, electrode sheets, etc.